Dawn Hummel, CIO
Creative Intelligence Officer
BeeDazzled Media, LLC
Forest Grove, OR
See the Client List for companies Dawn has worked with to create bee-amazing products and communications.
09/11 – 08/2016 UpShoot, Inc, Madison, OH
Digital Marketing and Virtual Marketing Assistant
- Designed, edited, broadcasted and tracked monthly enewsletters to 4,000+ licensed growers, media and association contacts.
- Wrote press releases, maintained website, designed and printed catalog and plant tags, coordinated FarWest tradeshow, set-up social media sites and created PowerPoint presentations.
07/10 – 08/11 Kraemer’s Nursery, Inc, Mt Angel, OR
New Product Marketing Coordinator
- Redesigned company website, coordinated four industry tradeshows, created sales collateral, developed new catalog, established branding guidelines, photography, hot list and SBI availabilities, PR, and wrote national magazine articles.
- Admin support for executive team included meetings, PPT presentations, trade shows, nursery tours and proposals.
- New product concept development, costing, product ordering, vendor management and cross-functional team leader.
01/09 – 07/10 Perennial Plant Association, Hillsboro, OR
Social Media and Publicity Coordinator
- Created 28th annual symposium logo, drafted press releases, worked with local and national associations to promote conference and increase attendance.
- Created social media platforms on LinkedIn, FaceBook and Twitter to engage existing and future members. Symposium enjoyed one of the highest attendance rates in a down economy to date.
07/07 – 06/08 Glenn Walters Nursery, Cornelius, OR
Event and Marketing Coordinator, East Coast Inside Sales Rep
- Provided customer service, sales and paperwork support for six independent East Coast sales representatives.
- Awarded 2008 best team player by sales team.
- Coordinated trade show event and designed marketing materials, press releases, Craigslist ads and broadcast emails to promote annual Open to the Public plant sale. Event exceeded projected sales goal by 15% over previous year plant sale in three days instead of six days.
- Processed customer orders and changes over the phone, fax and Internet.
- Customer complaints handled with one call resolution.
- Outbound cold calling team member generating prequalified sale leads for external rep follow-up.
- Sales lead for landscape broker, designer and installer working jointly on celebrity landscape project by coordinating sale, discount and logistical details for over 1,000 boxwoods transported via truck to Beverly Hills, CA for $80K sale.
04/06 – 01/07 Skyline Displays of Oregon, Hillsboro, OR
Nursery Sales and Tradeshows Project Manager
- Implemented trade show build-outs with internal creative and logistics departments.
- Used SAP software to order tradeshow parts from corporate Skyline office, located in Minneapolis.
- Supported five outside sales representatives with quotes, presentation materials and client on-site training.
- Provided project costing, paperwork processing, scheduling, purchase orders, graphics coordination, customer service and collections for tradeshow booths up to $50,000 on time and within budget.
05/05 – 03/06 Blooming Nursery, Inc, Cornelius, OR
Sales and Marketing Manager
- Created liner catalog and reference guide using Adobe InDesign on PC platform.
- Submitted tag/pot artwork orders to Horticultural Printers, Macore, HIP Label vendors.
- Updated website content and photography on a weekly basis to promote plants in bloom to increase sales.
- Extracted database lists by for weekly email availabilities and four quarterly catalog mailings.
- Delegated sales tasks for lead distribution, follow-up and tracking using SBI software CRM module. Generated weekly, monthly and quarterly sales and product reports for management.
- Budgeted and tracked all sales department expenses and invoices attributable to tradeshows, web, advertising, public relations, printing, trade show events and general ledger items.
Portland Community College, Portland, OR
Landscape Technology (General and landscape studies)
New Horizons, Portland, OR
Excel, Project, Access and Front Page
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Managing Multiple Priorities & Deadlines
People Skills Workshop, Public Speaking
Managing High Performance Work Teams
Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Visual Communications Degree
Microsoft Office 2010:
Access, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
Layout and Design:
Adobe CS5.5: Adobe Acrobat, Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier
Sales / CRM:
Oracle CORE CRM, Informix, Siebel 10.0, SBI, Act 2.0, Goldmine 7.0, Google Docs, SalesForce, QuoteWerks 4.0
Facebook, Google Analytics, Houzz, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter
Web Development and eNewsletters:
Constant Contact, MailChimp, Moodle, Square, VistaPrint, WordPress
Sample Project List
2013 – 2014 Oregon Flower Growers Association (OFGA)
Rene van Rems Bridal Show Event and Social Media Coordinator
2009 – 2010 Perennial Plant Association (PPA)
Local publicity and social media coordinator for 28th annual symposium
2009 – 2010 Proven Winners
NW regional consumer on-line gardening magazine contributor
2009 – 2010 Solexx Greenhouses
Pacific NW regional blog contributor
2005 – 2006 Portland Home & Garden Show - Awarded educational medal
“Knot Your Ordinary Blooming Garden” publicity manager
2002 – 2005 Multnomah Village Post News
Monthly garden columnist utilizing AP style guidelines
2002 – 2003 Yard, Garden and Patio Show
ANLD Booth: Marketing/PR and Tradeshow Coordinator
Display garden won first place in the Best of Division category
2003 Smart Gardening
Plant procurement project manager for PBS award winning TV show
1996 DAT Services/Jubitz Truck Stop
Spearheaded Truck Stop Driver Appreciation Event with American Trucking Association
- ANLD Association of NW Landscape Designers
- APLD Association of Professional Landscape Designers
- GWA The Association of Garden Communicators
- HPSO Hardy Plant Society of Oregon
- HCC Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce
- OAN Oregon Association of Nurseries (2015 Greenhouse State Board Rep)
- OBA Oregon Botanical Artists
- PFM Portland Flower Market
- PRS Portland Rose Society
- WCMG Washington County - OSU Master Gardeners
- WWM Women with Moxie - Networking Group
Dawn Hummel posts regularly on these social media platforms: